This course is suitable for Primary and Secondary teachers and those with designated responsibility for First Aid in schools or other organisations. Any setting following the EYFS requires staff to attend this course.
This twelve hour programme over 2 days, which complies with EYFS syllabus guidelines, will develop the necessary skills those working with children may need when dealing with an incident. These could range from a common childhood illness or a nose bleed to a more serious life threatening issue such as a breathing difficulty or head injury. Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will be awarded an approved Certificate, valid for three years.
The course follows the criteria set out by the Department of Education for the EYFS & includes:
· BLS-CPR/airway management
· Unconscious patient, primary and secondary survey, recovery position
· Burns and scalds, fractures, sprains and strains
· Wound and bleeding
· Foreign objects – choking
· Common childhood illnesses and conditions
· The First Aid box and Record Keeping