Cost of the Service - £32 per hour
This Service is available to schools and organisations seeking immediate counselling support for their learners, staff and/or families. The Service is at all times delivered by fully qualified Counsellors who are registered members of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
What the Service provides
- Confidential, professional counselling for students (without the need for the completion of a CAF), families and staff
- Quick response period – often counselling can start within two weeks.
- Collaborative working with the Pastoral team and/or a named person to support the student in school.
- Updates and reports when needed.
- Staff Supervision available if required.
- Whole family support if required. Counselling for children and their parents, if needed.
- Bespoke or specialist counselling, advice and guidance outside of its Core Service as required and on application.
- A robust quality assurance system to monitor the Service in line with the BACP Guidelines.
- Accurate detailed records of the consultations, securely maintained in line with data protection regulations.
Abilities and Experience
All assigned Counsellors hold as a minimum:
- An Advanced Diploma in Counselling qualification that includes a supervised placement
- Membership of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy or an equivalent regulating body
- 2 years experience of working in a counselling capacity with students, adults or families
- Enhanced DBS clearance